Christian B. Nagel, Esq.
(703) 590-1234 | F
13580 Groupe Drive, Suite 200 Woodbridge, VA 22192
As a Partner with Fluet Huber + Hoang, Chris Nagel represents individuals and entities in a wide variety of matters, including corporate structures, business transactions, and government contracting, as well as civil litigation and estate planning.
Before joining Fluet Huber + Hoang, Mr. Nagel was a solo practitioner and Of Counsel to the law firm Gammon and Grange, PC.
Mr. Nagel also is a reservist in the United States Marine Corps. While on active duty, he deployed to Afghanistan where he was responsible for adjudicating claims against NATO and the United States government. His other active duty tours included serving as a Special Assistant United States Attorney, as the Officer-in-Charge of the Quantico Legal Assistance Office, and as a military prosecutor.
Prior to his service in the Marine Corps, Mr. Nagel worked on Capitol Hill and at the White House.
Mr. Nagel is married to journalist Molly Henneberg.
In the News
- Serves as general counsel to numerous small and mid-sized companies.
- Led bid protest effort on behalf of air traffic control manufacturer, successfully protesting multi-year award to client’s competitor and overturning over a decade of anti-competitive procurement activity by the FAA.
- Counseled government contracting firm through corporate restructuring and successful implementation of comprehensive ethics program in response to government investigation.
- After government agency demanded multi-million dollar adjustment to contract of corporate client, negotiated a final adjustment to less than 20% of amount initially sought.
- Frequently serves as lead counsel to clients regarding their relationship with the government, including compliance, contract disputes, bid protests, suspension/debarment, and government investigations.
- Led bid protest team on behalf of multi-billion dollar international construction manufacturer that had lost a major Department of Defense acquisition contract.
- Negotiated with Department of Defense suspension and debarment official the termination of a proposed debarment for former employee of major government contractor.
- After contracting officer removed corporate client from agency’s list of qualified contractors, led successful effort to re-instate client as eligible to receive contracts from government agency.
- Led bid protest effort on behalf of government contractor, resulting in government agency issuing a full and open competition on a previously single-sourced contract award.
- Frequently provides advice to companies and individuals regarding estate planning, buy/sell agreements, risk management, and long-term planning.
- Negotiated with federal prosecutors the termination of investigation into client’s allegedly illegal activity as part of a high-profile political scandal.
- Argued emergency defense of international security firm sued in federal court for injunctive relief and significant monetary damages.
- Regularly guides corporate clients through creation and implementation of compliance programs, including ITAR and FAR contractor ethics obligations.
- Counseled international government contractor regarding process and policy of corporate restructuring in order to comply with Foreign Ownership, Control, Interests (FOCI) requirements while pursuing classified USG contracts.
- Routinely guides new businesses through corporate formation and, if necessary, soliciting government contracts.
- Solo Practitioner, Of Counsel, Gammon and Grange, PC
- Claims Officer, United States Marine Corps, International Security Assistance Forces, Afghanistan
- Special Assistant United States Attorney, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Officer-in-Charge, Legal Assistance Office, Marine Corps Base Quantico
- Trial Counsel, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, Marine Corps Base Quantico
- Student Law Clerk, Iraqi Special Tribunal
- Writer, Office of Presidential Correspondence, The White House
- Legislative Correspondent, Office of Congressman Mark Souder
- J.D., College of William and Mary School of Law
- B.A., Miami University
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces Bar
- Virginia Bar
- Maryland Bar